DO THIS RIGHT NOW - get your cell phone- make a new contact and name it "ICE", (In case of Emergency) put in the name and number of who you want notified if you are injured. Make "ICE2, ICE3" for multiple entries. EMT's commonly look at an injured person's cell entries for this information.
If you have an accident there are things you need to do.
- Check for injuries and if possible call for help immediately. DIAL 911
- Call the police even if the accident seems minor.
- Make note of the date, time of day, weather conditions and license plate numbers of the other cars involved and the location of the incident.
- Get the drivers license and registration information of the other people involved in the accident.
- If there are witnesses to what happened get their contact information as well.
- Contact your insurance agent immediately.
- Ask the police officer on the scene what their procedure is for obtaining a copy of the official accident report if available.
- DO NOT agree to work out the damages directly with other accident parties.
- DO NOT sign anything unless requested by a Police Official.
- DO NOT provide first aid or medical treatment to other victims if you are NOT a qualified medical professional.
- The most important thing to do next is to
Call Skuffy Auto Body (631) 424-0600